Sunday, April 4, 2010

Leeuwin Sunset Sail

It was quite marvelous. Basically, you get on a traditional sea ship (you know, made of wood and things of olden times) and sail out into the Indian Ocean, then you wait for the sun to set. Surprisingly, it did just that. I recently purchased Tamrac's Velocity 8x camera bag and it was extremely handy on the voyage. The way the bag is designed you don't need to take it off in order to access its inner compartments, you just swing it around your body like a tightly clinging chimpanzee and unzip the flap.

Anyway, the point being that having a camera bag with me, also meant I had my camera! Did I shoot some footage? Why yes, yes I did. Will I compile the clips into a short film? Why of course my good friend! Once I have created the film I will be sure to upload it straight to Vimeo and share it with you here, on this blog.


Here's a shot of the ship's deck:


And here's one of the setting sun:


I really enjoyed the short sail into the ocean. It was nice to just feel the sea air against my face and watch a bright sunny friend go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment